Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Operates 911 communications equipment to monitor and determine the exact nature of each request for service.
2. Determines location and agency involvement of each incident as required.
3. Determines nature of complaint and alarm and code them for computer input.
4. Enters incident data in computer, on appropriate form, or relays calls to appropriate personnel.
5. Routes non-emergency calls to appropriate personnel and/or agency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of the operations of a Police Emergency Communications Center.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
Skill in using computers and related software applications.
Ability to work in close quarters and to wear a telephone headset.
Ability to apply telephone interviewing techniques.
Ability to quickly and accurately obtain appropriate information.
Ability to learn and communicate medical emergency pre-arrival instructions (
Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public.
Does this job require a criminal background investigation?
This position requires a criminal background investigation
Website : http://austinenergy.com
Austin Energy is the nation’s eighth largest publicly-owned electric utility and a department of the City of Austin. Our mission is to deliver clean, affordable, reliable energy and excellent customer service. Our utility provides electricity to more than 420,000 customers and a population of almost one million in the City of Austin, several neighboring cities, unincorporated areas of Travis County, and a portion of Williamson County.