Join MITRE, on Fortune Magazine's Top 100 Best Places To Work list 10 years in a row, as part of a dynamic team providing essential protection to MITRE’s assets and personnel. MITRE is seeking a candidate to work as a full time Physical Security Specialist at our McLean campus. As a Physical Security Specialist you are responsible for the security and safety of personnel, assets, facilities and information.
This full time position requires the candidate to:
• Prepare and issue picture badges for employees, contractors and other authorized persons.
- Prepare access control system records and enter data into the access control database.
- Conduct Security Orientation briefings for new employees and contractors.
- Conduct follow-up contact and security education review training with staff.
- Prepare and organize conference/meeting badges and attendee rosters.
- Maintain the vehicle registration system, run reports as needed and make contact with employees to register vehicles.
- Maintain and update the License Plate Recognition database.
- Make contact with employees and troubleshoot issues with the License Plate recognition database.
- Maintain stock of visitor and temporary badges for the lobbies, and mange the badge inventories.
- Manage and update the After-Hours contact sheets for sites monitored by the SOC and contact lists of other key stakeholders.
- Assist in the review and update of post orders, standard operating procedures and other physical security related documents.
- Run and maintain periodic reports from various databases used to support physical security operations, to include but not limited to: access control systems database, incident reporting/management database, vehicle registration and license plate recognition databases.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Physical Security Manager or Supervisor.
• High school diploma or higher.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills are required.
- Confident public speaking skills.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in a physical security operations environment and a proven administrative and organizational skills.
• Possess strong computer skills and demonstrate the ability to effectively operate and manage security tools and processes.
• Have an understanding and knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program with experience working in a cleared facility environment.
• Possess strong communication skills in both the written and verbal format, in all delivery formats (i.e. in person, via radio, via telephone etc.)
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment and the ability to work independently.
• Neat and professional appearance.
• Friendly and professional demeanor.
• Ability to provide quality customer service.
Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice, Security Management. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and tools.
High school diploma or equivalent, plus 3 years of experience the equivalent in job-relevant work experience