Paragon Systems, Inc.
POSITION SUMMARY:This position is under the direct supervision of the Shift Manager for assigned shift of the Critical Infrastructure Facility Security Officers (CIFSO) and is responsible for protection of facilities. Officers will enforce regulations to prevent breaches of security while exercising discretion and judgment when responding to situations.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
* Employees are to report hazardous conditions and items in need of repair or attention.
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow the established schedules. Employees are required to report any deviation from the schedule on the daily activity report.
* Employees are required to perform all necessary services established by the Use of Force policies to ensure protection and safety.
* Conduct patrol, including but not limited to in-depth security against trespass, sabotage, theft, vandalism, fire, and other unlawful or harmful acts.
* Security guards shall conduct visitor center operations including badges, visitor records, and operating x-ray machines as well as metal detectors.
* Additional duties include conducting inspection tours, monitoring mail packages through Security Control Room, assisting traffic operations, enforce building regulations, respond to emergency management situations, and prepare facilities assessment reports.
EQUIPMENT/ COMPUTER SKILLS: Security guards will be responsible for operating all security equipment on post, such as metal detectors, X-ray machines, traffic batons, and have basic typing and computer operations skills. Must demonstrate continuing physical fitness and proficiency with firearms or special weapons on a semi-annual basis.
* Meet one of the following experience/education requirements:
o Prior experience in military (combat arms preferred)
o Federal, state, and local law enforcement experience
o Three years' experience as armed security guard
o Associate's Degree in Security related field
* Pass the medical examination and CIFSO basic training examination
* Completed the required training; and pass the required examination(s);
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION: Firearms Qualification and any other certifications (gun permit, expandable police baton, sprays or repellants, HAZMAT Awareness, CPR, AED, First Aid.)
WORKING CONDITIONS: With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Work is performed inside and outside the property with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations.
* Shift work required.
* Frequent and prolonged walking, standing, sitting, and stooping, up to 12 hours per day, either indoors or outdoors, during daytime or nighttime.
Paragon Systems, Inc.
Website : http://www.parasys.com/
Headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, in Herndon, Virginia, Paragon Systems is uniquely positioned to respond to the requirements of the Federal Government. Through innovation, dedication to quality services and industry-leading practices, Paragon has built a record of exceptional performance and a reputation of providing highly qualified security personnel as a best value/low risk provider to the Federal Government. Today, Paragon employs over 4,700 security specialists at more than 600 Federal facilities throughout the United States. The Paragon team takes great pride in the many awards that our company has won for excellence and dedication to service. We are a Government approved vendor in all 50 states, and we are qualified to provide force protection and professional security services through the Federal Supply Schedule to all agencies of the Federal Government. Paragon is certified by dozens of state security licensure boards and includes in our corporate team an expereinced group of Facility Security Officers (FSOs). For the Government client, Paragon can provide comprehensive experience and expertise in all aspects of facility security management. With time-tested, standardized recruitment, qualification and training programs, Paragon is uniquely able to provide uniformly qualified and trained security service personnel throughout the United States with little or no lead time.