Performs a variety of police work for the school system involving policy and law enforcement, the protection of life and property, and the prevention and investigation of crime.
Chief of Campus Police
1. High school diploma or GED certificate.
2. Two (2) years of college OR two (2) years of experience in law enforcement OR any combination of appropriate education and experience is required.
3. Prior experience and training in law enforcement is highly desired.
4. POST (Peace Officer Standards and Training) certification a must.
5. Current and valid drivers' license is required.
6. Police Officer experience prefered
1. An extensive background investigation, which includes a polygraph test and a drug screening, will be conducted prior to employment.
2. Random drug screening will be conducted after employment.
3. Physical agility tests are conducted on a regular basis after employment.
1. 239 day work year; (8) hours per day.
2. Salary Range - $30,018.40 - $33,842.40 (Grade 40) (placement on salary schedule based on years of related experience and applicable incentive supplement pay).
3. Excellent benefits package: includes health insurance; dental and life insurance; employee assistance program; personal and sick leave; membership in Teachers' Retirement System.
To apply for this position, please complete an online application. Educational documentation and three Classified Professional References must be submitted to the Human Resources Department, preferably by attachment to your application.
Screening/Consideration for employment will begin after closing date. An eligibility list will be created and will include only the candidates who meet the established qualifications. Chosen candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions of the job when such individuals request an accommodation so long as the accommodation does not create an undue financial hardship for the district.
Bibb County Public School System is An Equal Opportunity Employer.