The GEO Group, Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position oversees and maintains custody, care, and control of inmates or detainees of a facility, while enforcing the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company and contracting agency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Oversees and monitors the activities of the inmates or detainees in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining areas and visitation areas.
* Coordinates and monitors inmate or detainee movements, conducts counts, and provides emergency response as needed.
* May be assigned to various posts including, but not limited to, the control room, front and sally port entrance, health services, special housing, perimeter security, transportation, work details, reception, intake, and visits officer, etc., as required by management.
* Provides security in program activities and supervises labor crews in various areas around facility.
* Conducts shakedown for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team. Confiscates contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures.
* Initiates disciplinary reports on inmates or detainees.
* Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
* Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates or detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma.
* Promotes facility cleanliness and reports need for maintenance or repairs.
* Serves as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as required.
* Completes training courses as required by facility training standards.
* Performs correctional duties for any shift as defined by management.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The GEO Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.thegeogroupinc.com
The GEO Group is the world's leading provider of correctional and detention management and community reentry services to federal, state and local government agencies. With operations in the United States, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom; GEO offers a diversified array of turnkey services which include design, construction, financing, and operations. Our unique approach allows GEO to provide high-quality and cost-effective services with state-of-the-art designs, innovative programs and ground-breaking treatment approach.