LP/SAFETY INVESTIGATIVE ASST (TRAINEE) - NORTH ISLAND - FLEX (0-19.5 HRS)
Title: LP/SAFETY INVESTIGATIVE ASST (TRAINEE) - NORTH ISLAND - FLEX (0-19.5 HRS)
Location: United States-California-San Diego
Job Number: 180002TQ
Assist higher graded LP/Safety Investigators in performing investigative duties at a Navy Exchange. Works under the supervision of a LP/Safety Manager or LP/Safety Supervisor who regularly reviews progress and makes work assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs a variety of duties designed to develop associate skills in areas of loss prevention/safety which will enable associate to assume an NF-2 Investigator position at a Navy Exchange.
- Monitors the activities of NEX customers in order to detect behaviors inconsistent with normal shopping patterns. Assists in investigations as assigned or directed, consistent with company provided training and the LP/S Manual.
- Assist the LP/S team in assigned locations to achieve a quantity of external investigations, that meets or exceeds LP/S Department Standards, which results in the apprehension of customers who have misappropriated NEX merchandise or property,
- Under direction of the Loss Prevention/Safety Manager or Supervisor, utilizes all tools, equipment, systems, etc. that are provided by the company to assist in the completion of LP/S duties and activities. This includes, but is not limited to, such items as CCTV, EAS, Radios, POS Exception reporting systems (i.e. ASPECT), Case files reporting systems (i.e. APIS), etc.
- Learns proper documentation and maintenance of files of all activities (i.e. case reports) in a manner consistent with company provided training and direction.
- Performs activities as directed into the proper application, functioning, and usage of various physical security control equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, burglar alarm systems, key controls, product securing equipment, etc.
- Performs activities as directed into various aspects of related company practices. This includes, but is not limited to, customer shopping privilege authorization, facility access, etc.
- Assists in responding to reported customer accidents or associate mishaps. Provides or obtains aid as needed.
- Completes formal Loss Prevention/Safety training as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Candidates must be eligible for and obtain a Secret Clearance, within 6 months of appointment. Failure to obtain will result in termination Qualifications: U.S. Citizenship Required
6 months responsible experience in retail security work, administrative work, or other responsible work that allowed the applicant to gain knowledge and ability to perform satisfactorily in the position to be filled.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from a full 4 year or senior high school or possession of a General Education Development High School Equivalency Certificate (GED) may be substituted for the experience requirements.