Campus Fire and Life Safety Director
350 W 31st St
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Hudson Yards Manager is the brain, heart and soul of Hudson Yards. Just as Hudson Yards is transforming the world’s most spectacular skyline, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Hudson Yards Manager is r&mogining community. We are a collaborative force driven by expertise, ingenuity and passion. We pay attention to our tenants in a way that shatters tradition. We understand who they need us to be and where they need us to be even before they do. Equipped with an ever expanding range of amenities and resources, we strive to help our tenants be productive and happy. Wherever we are today, we are committed to be in a better place tomorrow. Where do we draw the line? We don’t.
Ensure the safety and security of all employees, tenants, visitors, vendors, etc.
• In conjunction with the Hudson Yards Management Leadership, set fire and life safety policy for the Hudson Yards campus
• Assist in setting the training, hiring and supervising policies while reinforcing the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Customer Experience
• Oversee all Building, Fire and Life Safety Directors and evaluate performance, making recommendations for improvement when necessary.
• Monitor performance of all subordinates to insure they are following proper protocols, consistent with the customer experience. Identify under-performers,looking for possible coaching or mentoring opportunities
• Oversee Post Orders, Emergency Action Plans, as well as Standard Operating procedures and Special Event checklists providing insight and recommendations as appropriate
• Strategically assist in the buildout of the Hudson Yards campus to include Fire and Life Safety operations
• Liaison with Federal, State and City officials to assist in determining the appropriate threat level status for the campus
• Meet with tenants and prospective tenants to address potential fire and life safety risks impacting their operations as needed
• Work in conjunction with tenants and their management to address the concerns and needs of each individual tenant
• Work to identify potential threats to operations by analyzing current/future planned procedures and develop measures to mitigate the threat
• Oversee all emergency **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. incidents and prepare required reports and recommendations
• Institute a campus wide ife safety inspection program and document all such inspections, findings and resolutions.
• Management of fire alarm maintenance provider(s) and **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. vendors.
• Liaison with the Property Management Team, Engineering Department Fire Deportment Police Department Buildings Department and other authorities having jurisdiction.
• Ensure that all required permits are maintained and posted as needed.
• Consult GC’s and Engineers during construction projects and for any system improvements providing input from a fire and life safety perspective
• Cure and resolve any violations etc. in accordance with local laws, rules and codes.
• Ongoing fire and emergency risk mitigation, assessment, review and implementation of current best practices to continually provide the safest working environment for the property and occupants as pertains to fire and life safety.
• Any other tasks determined by the Director of Security, Hudson Yards and/or Executive Director.
Key Role Skill Set
• 20 Years in Fire/Life Safety field required, prior law enforcement experience preferred.
• Must have served in a supervisory/command position far 10 years.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and
• Present to C level suite personnel as well as tenant facility personnel and staff.
• Must have knowledge of fire and life safety, crisis management and business continuity
Education and Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. field required. Advanced degree a plus.
• FDNY Fire and Life Safety Director Certificate of Fitness and ability of obtain same at Hudson Yards.